Leveraging Twitter to drive conversations and build a strong brand
Twitter is the fastest growing social media platform & the significance of Twitter can be emphasized by a simple fact that 8000 tweets per second is the average around the world.
What it emphasizes is the fact that it gives a huge avenue for businesses to connect and engage with fans. But the question is how? Most businesses are coming online and have a social media presence on Twitter but not all businesses leverage it in the most effective manner to build a strong brand, engage and have meaningful conversations with the fans. Here are some of the key points that can help in the above:
- Share unique and interesting content – This is the first step towards It is not about tweeting all the time, rather it is about tweeting content that can arouse the interest in your fans and help you gain new fans. People like to read and share great content. If this part goes right, re-tweets and favorites would follow automatically.
- Track your brand mentions and keywords – With millions of conversations happening daily on Twitter, you are missing out on market intelligence and a certain competitive edge if you are not tracking your brand, keywords and mentions along with the competitors whom you would like to keep a close eye on. Search alerts and setting up RSS feeds can go a long way in helping out with this.
- Be ready to handle a mixed basket – The biggest benefits of easy accessibility to customers can also prove true for the converse- it will also provide easy publicity for all the negative comments about your brand. But, how you handle it becomes more important. Acknowledge and reply to a positive comment, but also acknowledge a negative comment and immediately work towards addressing the concern. It can surely win you more hearts!
- Look out for interesting tweets on your brand or the industry and leverage it to engage and drive conversations
- Use the Twitter “Favorites” option effectively – The twitter favorites feature can be an effective tool to showcase interesting conversations with or about your brand. It can be made into a compilation of testimonials from fans.
- Use hashtags and images as far as possible – Different studies show that the tweets with hashtags and image links can get up to 2 times more engagement on an average than tweets without hashtags. But more is not always good. Usage of more than 2 hashtags results in a significant drop in the engagement rate.
- Quick response management – Fans expect brands to quickly acknowledge their appreciation or respond to concerns raised. This is true for all social media channels, including Twitter.