One page websites are becoming the talk of the town as many companies are switching to these. But what do they mean? Are they search friendly? What should you do to rank them high on Google? You will have all such questions. So let’s take them one by one.
What is a Single Page Website?
Pros & Cons of a Single Page Website
- Mobile responsiveness is better as scrolling works for the mobile phone and the user experience is simple and efficient.
- You can show the entire journey you want the user to experience through a single page.
- Controlling the flow of information is easier, and you can focus on a particular product or service
- You can incorporate a lot of images to make it visually attractive.
- Excessive scrolling can be a challenge if there is too much content on a single page.
- Website speed is an extremely critical factor. Depending on how the site is built, the load time can be longer.
- Difficult to measure, which content section drives visitors to your web page.
- One page web pages are not user-friendly for blog-centric companies.
- Not great for SEO as you only have the opportunity of one URL showing up in search results.
How to rank Single Page Website?
Since it is a one-page website, your content needs to be extraordinary, with a lot of images for the audience to be hooked on to it. However, make sure there is enough content, and the readability is not compromised. Also, keep the content updated and fresh, as that is what Google loves. You can keep a navigation bar for various sections on the top so that the visitor can directly jump to that position rather than scrolling through the entire page.
Exercise DIVs for different content sections
One of the best practices when it comes to coding for a one-page website is to have separate div for different content sections. It makes the code look organised and neat. These div id names do not directly improve the search engine rank but help indirectly through the anchor tags.
<div id=“floor plan”>…content…</div>
Anchor links will help the visitor navigate to a particular portion of the web page. These will create search engine friendly URL on your web page. You can also create anchor text backlinks on the site, on your blogs as below.
//Creating its anchor link
Employ multiple H1 Tags and other on page factors
Paginate your content using various H1 headers and forms. This technique will control the flow of information, and they will also act as keywords for our page. Hence they will help in SEO. You can also look at our detailed blog on the On Page SEO factors that matter to see how you can employ some of these techniques for your web page.
Encourage linking to social media
Social media does matter for SEO, and hence it is a good idea to link to various social media platforms so that you can reach out to a larger audience for online marketing. You can also implement various other link building methods, which are listed on our blog.
Some additional interesting facts
Bounce rates could be high for a single page website because Google Analytics will not account for numerous page views unless you refresh the page.
Single page websites may not be useful for every business, but they are quite appealing and create unique user experience altogether. You can use such tricks to rank your page higher.
Do share your views and suggestions in the comments section and if you have more hacks to rank the single page website higher, feel free to share with us.