The Salesforce Marketing Cloud (SFMC) Solution Consultant is a unique hybrid of business and technical consultant with the ability to operate as a digital tech lead focusing on the Salesforce Marketing Cloud. As the owner of solutions for multiple clients, this person is responsible for the successful onboarding and overall technological direction for those clients and works as a liaison between the account management and operations team to design and deliver high quality, scalable technical solutions. The successful candidate will be able to display thought leadership, technical prowess, and the ability to manage cross-functional teams from project inception to completion.
- Functional expertise of Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Good understanding of end to end campaign management process
- Understanding of API – SOAP and REST
- Understanding of iOS and Android Mobile Apps
- Solid understanding of:
- Solution design and architecture
- Relational database concepts, with exposure to SQL
- Data management, segmentation, and ETL best practices
- Scripting and query development
- Web analytics
- Cloud Pages and Landing Pages
Bachelor’s degree in discipline related to functional work or role with 8-10 years of relevant work experience.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience on Salesforce Marketing Cloud, and/or other SFMC platforms (i.e. Audience Studio-DMP, Datorama, Interaction Studio, etc.)
- Experience in a technical leadership role designing, building, and executing complex automated email campaigns in Salesforce Marketing Cloud is required.
- SFMC Email Specialist/Consultant/Developer Certifications strongly preferred.
- Experience in leading SFMC implementations and integrations.
- Excellent communication skills – needs to be able to interact with clients and sponsors.
- Ability to work closely with RRD’s Sales team selling to C-level executives and other business.
- Extensive experience with all primary elements of Marketing Cloud: Email Studio, Content Builder, Journey Builder, Analytics Builder, Personalization Builder, and Audience Builder
- Deep understanding of data, data extensions, data relationships, and ability to translate customer requirements to the use of their data throughout their marketing automation ecosystem
- Full understanding of out-of-the-box SFMC functionality and able to propose and estimate more advanced solutions based on client requirements.
- Knowledge of API integration with CRM platforms and Web properties
- Hands on experience with email and landing page development, including templates, modular and responsive design
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to conceptualize and communicate highly detailed technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrate technical expertise while scoping and driving the creation of digital solutions, email campaigns, email reporting, and data integration.
- Gather business, marketing, and technical requirements to craft a comprehensive and scalable solution.
- Architect data feeds, platform configuration, and components needed to run complex automated interactions / campaigns.
- Create standards and solutions to accelerate implementations and improve quality using technology
- Proactively identify and resolve problems including client data feed issues.
- Stay abreast of industry technology innovations, new business practices, and third-party technology solutions.
- Act as a consultant and technical expert on the Salesforce Marketing Cloud to serve clients’ needs.
- Preserves assets by following company recovery, security and technology procedures.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed and maintaining quality assurance.
- Ensure alignment of business requirements with RRD Marketing Solutions standards and policies, and with industry best practices.
- The solution consultant collaborates on functional and technical design specifications while providing subject matter expertise to the project team and developers throughout the engagement.
- This is a hands-on role that requires significant technical experience and abilities with Salesforce Marketing Cloud and related cloud technologies.
- Conduct technical process reviews, design sessions, and other architecture meetings
- Document current state technical processes and run gap analysis between current state and desired future state
- Design, develop, and document solutions to meet technical requirements, including the subscriber model and data flow between SFMC as well as other systems
- Support the development team in executing technical design and customizing the platform, including: AMPScript, SSJS, tSQL, data extensions, advanced triggers, and automations